I'm a big fan of Virginie Peny, curator and DIY, Fashion & Lifestyle blogger of STYLE RELOAD. If you haven't stopped by to visit her inspirations on DIY and fashion styles, you must go here. She is quite a talented designer having never studied fashion design.....very inspiring isn't it. She does an amazing job including everything from inspirational photos, design sketches, outfit shots and most of all her "DIY" tutorials on her site. Fashion Vignette is also thrilled to be on the list "Friends & Daily Reads" on her site....

She has given me the permission to repost one of her recent October posts on Fall/Winter essentials..... I love how she conceptualizes her personal f/w essentials, which is a true form of how you would put a collection together.  Her thought process in the way how she elaborates what her seasonal needs are in the form of concept, fabric, silhouettes and sketches... But I'm inspired by how much more personal it is in  how we would conceptulize it for ourselves...





I have to admit that there’s still one topic that I don’t often talk about… Essentials pieces. And I’m still wondering why, because I truly think that people largely underestimate the power of those basic but indispensable items. I mean, it’s just an amazing feeling to wear a great basic and to be satisfied with it over months and years, don’t you think?
Yesterday I wrote for the first time an (non exhaustive) list of everything that I would NEED this season: a wool cardigan in grey or black, a poplin white shirt, a long sleeves t-shirt, a mid-long black jacket, a knit jumper and a coat in a versatile way -will develop this notion later!

Qualitative, timeless colored items that I could easily match with some highlights of my closet. Although the fact that I do really love color and details, I swear not to buy anything else but this list. I have to be strong.
Of course everyone should be able to set up a price limit to these purchases, for my part I first decided to ban materials like‘elastan’ or ‘polyester’ tee-shirts and ‘acrylic’ knits. I personally would never spend 200 € for a single tee, where price does not mean necessary quality, that’s why I love brands like Stefanel and COS for tee-shirts. Here are 2 great mid-seasonal pieces that I own.
Turtle neck Stefanel tee, classic short sleeves by COS.
So I’m still looking for the mid-long jacket, knit jumper and ‘versatile’ coat, but I might have found the 2 first items:
1. Wool cardigan like this one by Bruuns Bazaar via Zalando, in grey or black. Did I really paint it orange? Oh my!. and 2. The poplin button shirt T by Alexander Wang via My Theresa
Just perfect!
What about you, did you already made a needlist -or a wishlist- of things you absolutely want this season?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top