Melissa McMurrey is a multi-talented Artist and Textile Designer by day for a major retailer. Here are a few of her lovely surface designs.




DESIGNER'S STATEMENT
Throughout my whole life I have been creative. I was a dancer for seventeen years, it was my whole life, until I tore both of my ACL’s and had knee surgery, which ended my dreams of making dancing a career. After this I still felt the need to express myself in a creative way. While I was thinking about my future I increasingly started becoming more interested in visional arts and began drawing, painting and sculpting.  Much of my inspiration comes from being in nature and outdoors, everything from the most minute organisms of nature to the complexity of human beings.  I love to create art that inspires other and makes their environment a more interesting space to be in.




© 2011 by Melissa McMurrey. All rights reserved   
No part of these images may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, photocopying, or otherwise, without prior written permission. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top