Meet artist Dominic Joyce from the UK who studied Art, Design and Media at Portsmouth University and graduated in 1999.  I love these original graffiti pop art - they're amazing and visually striking. Dominic combines the use of expressive sketches, graphic design/graffiti style stencil work and stylised texts to create the desired effect of a modern art experience.

To learn more and to purchase these fabulous artwork, go here Edgeware - Etsy Shop and  www.dominicjoyce.co.uk.  For artist statement, see below.....thanks Dominic!








ARTIST STATEMENT
My work sings in the language of modern culture, gazes into the mirror of our vibrant modern media and reflects a striking visage.

I cast portraits as characters performing my ideas as scripts with the canvas as a stage and the gallery as a theatre. I adorn my figures with lucid colour with dress to sharply contrast. I model my subjects to strive for impact in lead roles as large bold pieces.

My designs flower from a fascination of powerful visual imagery - sleek advertising from brochures and catalogues can be a strong source of vivid messages, fashion magazines and music videos energise my invention.

Expressive sketches, graffiti style stencil work alongside graphic design and stylised text are techniques I use for desired effect. I present to the viewer a positive modern art experience which walks the runway and speaks the language of modern society's visual culture.


© 2011 by Dominic Joyce. All rights reserved   
No part of these images may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, photocopying, or otherwise, without prior written permission. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Top